Service Outage

I find todays service outage to simply be unacceptable.My business relies on customers being able to call me. I’m losing thousands of dollars and customers with every hour. A $35 credit is not an acceptable solution. I’m looking to see how many other businesses have been affected and what action they plan to take to recover lost revenue.

Ooma.com says:

“…(b) Indirect, Consequential Damages: OOMA, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AFFILIATES, AGENTS, ASSIGNS, OR ANY OTHER SERVICE PROVIDER WHO FURNISHES SERVICES TO YOU OR US IN CONNECTION WITH THE SERVICE, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES FOR ANY INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE, EXEMPLARY, OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY DAMAGES ARISING FROM OR IN CONNECTION WITH PERSONAL INJURY, WRONGFUL DEATH, PROPERTY DAMAGE, LOSS OF DATA, LOSS OF REVENUE OR PROFITS, UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO, OR ALTERATION, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION OF, DATA FILES, PROGRAMS, PROCEDURES OR INFORMATION, OR THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE SERVICE OR ANY OF THE EQUIPMENT, INCLUDING INABILITY TO ACCESS EMERGENCY SERVICE PERSONNEL THROUGH THE 911 DIALING SERVICE, OR TO OBTAIN EMERGENCY HELP. THE LIMITATIONS SET FORTH HEREIN WILL SURVIVE AND APPLY IN ANY AND ALL CIRCUMSTANCES INCLUDING CLAIMS FOUNDED IN BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, PRODUCT LIABILITY, TORT, AND ANY AND ALL OTHER THEORIES OF LIABILITY AND APPLY WHETHER OR NOT WE WERE INFORMED OF THE LIKELIHOOD OF ANY PARTICULAR TYPE OF DAMAGES. SOME STATES DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. THIS AGREEMENT GIVES YOU SPECIFIC LEGAL RIGHTS, AND YOU MAY ALSO HAVE OTHER RIGHTS WHICH VARY FROM STATE TO STATE. THE EXCLUSIONS AND LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY UNDER THIS AGREEMENT WILL NOT APPLY TO THE EXTENT PROHIBITED BY APPLICABLE LAW.”

Besides me. who else is canceling today?

If your business is so dependent on your phones, you should not be using VOIP. VOIP is average at best and can be sometimes unreliable. You get what you pay for.

I paid for business class service.

More than likely it’s your ISP Internet quality.

Lol no there is known outage for incoming and outgoing calls right now.

What really frustrates me is I can’t even have the number forwarded to another right now, and no voicemail. So I have no record of calls and no ability for customers to leave a message.

I have two lines and I and my wife use Ooma for business, both lines have been down for hours, terrible!
I’ve been calling my clients/customers via my cell to let them know, very, very unprofessional and God only knows how much business I’ve lost. Sure, things break but an outage for over 7 hours?

I was a little concerned about outages and e911 when switching from POTS to VoIP. However, my cellular carrier allows customers to enter their 911 service address online. In addition, I have a home phone system with Bluetooth and a dedicated button for accessing the cell phones on each cordless handset. When seconds count, if I don’t get a dial tone with Ooma, I can immediately switch to my cell phone for 911. Redundancy is reassuring.

I live in a Uverse service area, so AT&T would not give me a POTS line at this point, even if I wanted it.

Go get a quote from Verizon or AT&T for your business. See if you want to pay that month after month. They have outages too. See if they will reimburse you “thousands.”

The last “outage” on my Verizon landline was 19 hours long. I had three visits from the police because the problem was in a substation and it was randomly dialing numbers, including 911, from every line in the substation. I later found a bunch of 411 calls charged to my account. I finally told the police to ignore the calls and I would use my cell phone if I needed them.

Having been without Ooma Office service for 21.5 hours I initiated a chat to find out how things were going…
Chat with ooma…

Alan (Responding)
Alan: Thank you for your question, one moment while I access that information. Please ask us about the Linx device which allows you to wirelessly connect additional telephones or a fax machine to your Ooma Telo!
Alan: I do apologize for the inconvenience. Let me check this for you. Please hold.
You: Thanks, I also want to ask if there is a way in which the humming and echoing can be prevented while on calls.
Alan: Our apologies for the inconvenience, Mr. Schubert. This is already a known issue and our Engineering team is currently working on fixing the problem. Please try again later. Please accept our sincerest apologies for any inconvenience this has caused you. Customer satisfaction is important to us and this is not indicative of the level of service we provide to our valued customers. We are waiting for updates from our supervisors and engineers regarding any progress about the resolution of the problem. We do apologize for the inconvenience, Sir.
You: It is not an inconvenience. It is essentially puts us out of business.
You: I need to know if I need to purchase a new system or wait.
Alan: Our apologies, Sir. Our engineers are working round the clock to fix the issue
You: We have not had service since 9:30 am yesterday. Does anyone there have a clue when it will be repaired?
Alan: Right now, we’re still waiting for updates from our engineers regarding any progress about the resolution of the problem. We do apologize.
You: Without greater clarity than we are working on it. I am inclined to pack up my hardware and ship it back to you. I know that it is something outside of your personal control, but again, I am trying to run a busianess with ooma office. What would you recommend?
Alan: We suggest that you please call our technical support hotline 888-711-6662 later from 8am PST, and when you connect to the hotline, please choose option 1 then option 3 so that our technical advisers can check this further for you, Sir.

https://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=26 https://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=18999&start=30 The inbound carrier outage has been resolved. Our sincere apologies for the disruption in service this caused.

Tom B,

Is there any possibility of getting missed call records?

unfortunately not at this time, but later this year

https://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=15830
https://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=17821

What is happening over at Ooma??? This is the second time on 2 business days that we’re without a phone. The “live” help just disconnects me instantly. Are you going out of business?

If this doesn’t get fixed soon, I sure will be.

+1

I’m starting to think these guys are never going to give me my $50 referral from a business system referral way back in December (if they can’t even give me the service I pay them for each month)

We are in NH and the service has been out for hours. Live chat just says they are having problems. Hope this is not the end of Ooma.

Does AT&T advertise business service via VOIP? Never seen it- only from Ooma (sometimes). :wink: