Service always going down... Techs never help...

I have been a faithful Ooma Office customer for 3 years now. When all my phones were analog phones, I did not notice the issue as much. However, after making the transition to IP Phones (Cisco SPA 303) my phone constantly resets on its own or loses services (all lights turn orange) about 10-20 times a day. Calls get dropped in the middle of the conversations at least 3-4 times a day. I run a law office and this is having serious impact on my business.

I tried calling Ooma customer service on so many occasions. Each and every time, the customer service rep would transfer me to a tech, then to another tech, stating that they were “aware of the issues and are working to resolve the problems.” I even suggested that maybe it is faulty equipment and asked them to send me a new IP Phone, which they refused of course.

Well, it’s been 6 months and the problems have not been resolved. I don’t bother to call in anymore… I give up…

The purpose of this post is the let others, that have IP Phones through Ooma Office, know that they are not the only ones facing this issue. Also, to let the analog users know that your services may be down more so than you may actually realize, because analog phone users will not know of the system outage unless they are actually using the phone.