Robocall blocking suggestion.

Allow Ooma users to configure the Ooma computer, over the Internet, to present a challenge to each caller. For example, the caller must enter a number stated by the Ooma computer, or enter the solution to a simple math problem (what is 2+3?) before the call will ring through.

Implementing a so-called whitelist is on next year’s roadmap.
See https://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=16409

Are you planning to let White List members go through without presenting the challenge question?

What other features will the White List provide?

The white list is a list you maintain with the numbers of all the people you don’t mind receiving calls from, so no need for a challenge question.

I want all human callers to be able to get through by answering the challenge, but not robocalls as they are to dumb to answer a challenge. A simple white list of known contacts won’t work for this, because I will never have a complete list of everyone that I will accept calls from, just from my known list of contacts.

Here’s what could work for me.
All callers on the white list immediately ring through.
Non-white list callers get challenged and get through only if they answer correctly. Otherwise, I can optionally send them to voice mail, or block their call, or log their numbers to the black list (perhaps after N or more failures).

I’ve added this to the Whitelist + PIN Privacy for Ooma to consider among Collection of Blacklist Related Requests.