We have two base stations running Ooma office. We have 6 Motorola DECT 6.0 Cordless Phone with 1 Handset and Caller ID L601M. When someone calls our main line, a ring group answers the call and makes extensions 101 and 103 ring. 101 is the primary phone and 103 serves as a backup in case those at 101 are busy and cannot pick up the call.
For the last few months since we have set up Ooma, we have had this issue: a call will come in to our main line and 101 and 103 will ring (our ring group). 101 will show on the caller ID “INCOMING CALL”, when normally it reads the caller ID info. We pick up the call on 101 and no one is on the other end and there is no dial tone. 103 will then continue to ring and when we pick up the call on that phone we get the person on the other end. This can happen at least once a day.
We run Centurylink internet for our office and run Ooma VoIP off of it. We increased our internet bandwidth to accommodate the needs of Ooma.
What we have tried so far to resolve this:
- I replaced the Motorola phone used for extension 101 with a new one;
- I replaced the Linx box used for extension 101;
- I deleted the 101 extension on the Ooma Office Manager webpage;
- I paired the 101 extension with the extension base station instead of the primary base station;
- I deleted the ring group and re-created it;
- I have troubleshooted this with Motorola over the phone in the case of this being a factory or frequency issue with the phones;
- I have reported this repeatedly to Ooma and went up the ladder with tickets. Recent ticket number for this is 160112000193. It was closed recently without me being made aware of anything done to resolve the issue.
This issue sounds minor, but is frustrating for our staff. It is disappointing that, for what we paid and invested in migrating to Ooma, this issue lingers and cannot be resolved.
One other minor note: when I call Ooma for tech support over the phone, I always press 1 for Ooma office. I then get transferred to a line where I give all of my confirmation information and then am told I was routed to Ooma residential. I then get routed to Ooma office (for real this time) and have to give all of my information again. The time I spend on the phone for troubleshooting the aforementioned issue is time consuming enough, but to be transferred to the wrong department several times (over a several week span) is frustrating.