Phone recommendations?

Hi all,

So with my Ooma Office install, I have to get new phones for the office because the system we have now is all digital. We currently have 4 lines, we’re going to downsize to 3 lines (one of our existing lines gets at least 25 Telemarketer calls a day)

Currently, all of our phones are 4 line phones, and I can access line 1,2,3 or 4 from any phone…I can put someone on hold at one place and have the other person in the office pick it up without a transfer. It’s a small office, so transfers aren’t really necessary.

What I’m looking for is a set of phones that will still work this way because I don’t want to have to deal with transfers to someone that sits five feet away from me. I’m technically proficient, but not so much with phone systems, so I’m not entirely sure how everything is handled with them, but I will be learning as I go.

For this to work, can I just purchase 4 analog 4-line phones, or will I need some kind of phone system like the AT&T 1070 as a base station with 1040s as the other phones? The AT&T 1040s are something I’ve found locally that I could purchase, but I don’t know if they’ll work by themselves. Any other phones people might have recommendations on are welcome to. Thank you.

I use a Panasonic 4 line cordless base KX-TG4500B which can handle up to 8 KX-TGA450B cordless handsets.
This is an old and expensive system that may no longer be available.

Any phone designed to work with the analog landline phone systems will work.

Are you sure that your current phone system doesn’t handle analog phone lines?
The system I mentioned above is digital between the base and the handsets on 5.8 GHz but the line inputs on the base are analog only.

You don’t need a phone system. Any 4 line phone that is analog will work. They don’t have to be the same type.

We currently have a phone system which they’ve had for several years. I tried the phone plugged into the base station…no LCD screen, no dial tone. Previous forum post response told me that only analog phones will work, but I really don’t know how to tell. Now that I’m getting into it, I think that the phone is only usable with the phone system. We currently have 5 Toshiba DKT3210-SD phones running on a Toshiba Strata model CHSU40A3 business phone system. The tag does say that it is a Class A digital device…but if I could just plug this phone system into Ooma, that’d be nice too. If not, It seems expensive enough that I might be able to sell it for some money. Any idea?

The description here

http://www.comtechphones.com/telephone-systems/toshiba-cix-phone-systems/strata-cix40/chsu40a3-sys-cix40-4x8-cabinet-system-processor-power-adaptor

says it can handle 4 CO lines with caller ID

CO stands for Central Office, i.e. the landline phone company.

It also says that it is an IP phone system.

Read the documentation for the system to see if it can handle analog. It might require an extra cost interface board.

Also you need to disconnect the phone system from the old phone service provider before connecting to the Ooma Telo.

I’d have to relocate the phone system, anyway, in order to hook it up to the Ooma Office. The problem seems to be that the company that installed it didn’t leave a manual the last time they were here and charged us $3000.00 to do whatever it was they actually did (I wasn’t here for that reaming). Now, they want to charge me to TALK to me about it, so that’s not happening. I can’t really find any info on that system, so it looks like I’m out of luck there.