Flashing red

My Ooma unit flashes red and doesn’t return to normal operation. I talked to tech support who advised me to press the page (antenna icon) button until I hear “registration mode enabled.” Then, press the button again and the unit will return to its normal “blue” state. For few weeks this worked.

For the last couple of months, there have been numerous times when this procedure did not fix the problem. My only remedy was to power cycle the unit. Since we missed some important calls, I called tech support (again) and was advised that the company is aware of the problem. The Ooma rep knew of no remedy and could only suggest that I keep following the same procedure mentioned above. He had no reason to expect that an update will be released anytime soon. The bottom line is – we need phone service that is reliable. A Google search turned up others with the same problem. Am I missing something or is Ooma not in any hurry to fix the problem. Thanks for any help you can give.

Is Ooma connected via wifi or hardwire?

The toggle-registration-mode workaround in https://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18203&start=30 is only for cases where the telo has a blinking red logo + blue stop button and has ok dialtone.

Logs show you’re doing this workaround before the telo has dialtone; in other words the telo is still booting and busy establishing a connection. Doing that gesture at that time serves no purpose. Depending on network conditions the boot process can sometimes take a little longer. It if takes longer than 7min power cycle the telo.

It’s connected via wifi

I have a blinking red logo and no blue buttons. As far as waiting for a dialtone before doing the enabling registration mode - the tech made no mention of this. I have frequently let the unit flash for 10 or more minutes and nothing else happen so I power cycle it. Are you telling me that if this happens during the middle of the night, we just have to wait until morning to reboot and re-acquire phone service?

The tech told me that the only way to receive updates is when they are pushed by Ooma. Some other users have talk about 98014. What is the procedure for getting this update? How can I tell my current version number? The Ooma documentation is sparse.

Dial

##001

and it will tell you the revision number.

for wifi https://www.ooma.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=18588