Can't Call out and can't login to office manager

yesterday after having office operating well for over 2 weeks, we can’t make calls. After getting the dial tone and dialing a 10 digit #, we get a fast busy signal. We get the same thing when trying to call between extensions. Also, when trying to login online to out ooma office manager, we would get error message saying invalid password. We tried resetting the password several times, but still get the same message using the temporary password sent by ooma. Fortunately incoming calls are being handled and sent to voicemail, but the extensions are not ringing so we don’t know when people are trying to call. We tried unplugging both the ooma and our modem and letting them sit and reboot (first the modem, and then the ooma) but to no avail. Please help with any suggestions

Office Manager and my system are both working fine.
It sounds like an internet problem to me.

I can see that your system lost connection to our server. Was your Internet connection working at the time? It looks like it is back online now – did you do anything to recover it?

What about your Office login? Are you still locked out of your account?

got a call from ooma support yesterday saying that my office unit was “offline” but they rectified the problem. I had lost internet service for a brief period after the calling out issue started. Both before and after losing service, I tried robooting both the modem and ooma with no success.

For ooma office login issue they had me clear my browser (IE9) cache but I still couldnt login. I tried with Chrome and had no problems. Tried back again with IE9 and still can’t login. Chrome will have to do but thats ok with me.

I think there is some issue with the Office Manager login page that does not let it work with IE9, even though all the documentation says the web portal works with IE8 and higher. I just activated my Ooma Office–have not even really stared using it yet, because I am waiting for my existing numbers to be ported over, so no point in doing any more set up until that is done. However, in order to start the porting process, you have to be able to log into the Office Manager. I am running IE9 on both my business computer (Win 7 64 bit) and business laptop (Win 7 Home Premium 64 bit). I did the activation from my business laptop with no problem whatsoever, but boy, logging in to my newly-setup account later certainly was a problem. My phone system appears to be working fine; I can call out and can receive calls.

I also called Tech Support; they had me clear my IE9 cache. They sent me a new password, same result. They tried duplicating my error–they logged into my account just fine. When nothing fixed it, they wanted me to log in using Firefox or Chrome. I don’t use those browsers, don’t even have them installed, so I had to go through the rigmarole of downloading Firefox–when I know I am immediately going to remove it, because I don’t want any more stuff on my computer that I don’t use than necessary. Well that resolved the issue, but that is not an acceptable solution to me. The company needs to resolve the issue with IE9, not force customers to use a browser that they don’t want to use, and don’t use for anything else.

I was told my issue would be escalated to a higher level of Tech Support, and I would be contacted by e-mail about the resolution.

On my own, I tried logging into the web portal from one of my personal computers that has downloaded IE10. Aha, mystery solved. When I log in to the web portal through IE10, it recognizes my phone number/PW, and I can get in. The page is very slow to load, but I can get there. So I now have installed IE10 on my two business machines. But I don’t like that I had to do that.

The login page definitely has some kind of an issue that needs to be resolved.